Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wait

I am really good at telling other people to wait and really bad at trying it myself. (I can see Liz's eyes rolling haha). Seriously though... I'm struggling! I'm in a holding pattern right now. There are a few things on the verge of playing out and the waiting really is the hardest part.

Years ago Jono sang a song based on a verse in Isaiah that has always stuck with me...Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

I think the verse is probably talking more about finding strength in waiting on the Lord more than about waiting in general- but if we're waiting for decisions/action aren't we almost inherently waiting on the Lord? If we trust that God is evident in everything from details to the master plan, then doesn't the promise that we'll find new strength apply to us when we're in a holding pattern as He carries out His plan for our lives?

The question then for me becomes... what does it look like or feel like to have new strength? I'm waiting on it, I guess.

No comments: