Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baby Don't Ya Wanna Go...

...back to that same ol place SWEET HOME CHICAGO.

When I was in Madison I caught wind that the FRENCHIES were going to take Chicago by storm along with an epic gaggle of DC gays for Market Days. Well I simply could not have them having all the fun without me so I rationalized that I needed to take a trip there to meet with the NP program I want to get into anyway and bought a ticket I couldn't afford.

There were SO many people in town! It was like every time I turned around in the bars there was another DC person I wasn't expecting. They practically transplanted Logan Circle to Boystown. It was glorious! 

We did have to get some touristy things in of course, so we went to the top of the Sears Tower (or Willis Tower now apparently). It was a miserable two hour wait to get to the top, but once we did the photo shoot ensued. 


They have these cool see-through boxes coming off the side of the building that you can sit/lay/stand in and look straight down the billion floors under you. It's really exhilarating actually! Here's Luis, Bobby, and David "falling" down to the city streets...


Walking on air!

Ah I just love this picture. I need to frame it. HOTT.


This is the scene from our little VIP area we made for ourselves on the sidewalk looking out on Market Days 2009. It was CRAZY! GREAT dance music, by the way. We found ourselves saying "Why don't we always party outside like this!?"


Too cute we are :)

By FAR the BEST picture of the whole day if you ask me.


Each night brought with it a different adventure and I literally saw the sunrise more in those few days than I have in probably five years. Ridiculousness, of course, but it was just no time to be sleeping! The last night we were there was Madonna-Rama at one of the clubs and we were all like completely exhausted from the weekend so everyone was kinda tuckering out and the boys asked me if I was ready to go. They are used to me being like YES let's GO and this time I looked at them and in all seriousness was like "I am NOT leaving until I hear Like a Prayer." I was resolute. So we waited around for another hour or so for it to be on and then performed it aggressively on the dance floor. Love it. 

Not surprisingly, Patrick and I still managed to get ohhhhh about 20 hours of coffee shop reading time in. I even discovered this great used bookstore on Broadway and injudiciously bought a "Complete Works of Winnie the Pooh" that was screaming my name. Actually, speaking of Patrick - you will notice he is not in ANY of these pictures. THAT'S because he hasn't given me the pictures off his camera from that weekend yet. Lame. (Patrick seriously, I want those cute ones of us on the bed that we had a good giggle over (ooh that could be interpreted badly haha). Also the "GET YOUR ARMOR" ones too! OMG! I want to see those right now!)

Oh! Also noteworthy - Kathryn and I had breakfast for dinner at a great little neighborhood gem of a diner near Clark and Belmont (look at me with all my Chicago street knowledge!) AND Patrick and I both had flights out of ORD at about the same time so we went and actually met up with Stef and Tricia who were passing through on their way to Australia so we had a little pow-wow with them before leaving town right in the middle of Terminal B.

Damn I love that city. I can't wait to call it home. If only everyone who was there that weekend would do the same :)

No comments: