Wednesday, October 5, 2011

30 before 30: #14 Indulge in a day-spa package


Two weekends ago, I was spoiled ROTTEN when I got to check the "day-spa package" off the 30 before 30 list. In honor of my 27th birthday, my birthmom Veronica, her two sisters Gloria and Roz, and her mom Mary treated me to an unbelievably relaxing and special day at the Spa at Cache Creek with them.

I have had fun spa treatments over the years at various places, but I had never had the whole shebang at once before. Now I can say... YES, it really is as amazing as it sounds :). We all started with some nice hot tea in the waiting area after we changed into our robes, then got right down to business with massages. Honestly, it's hard not to sound overly indulgent in this post so I will go ahead and take off the band aid fast for you: The rest of the day we spent at the cabana they rented for us to relax at between treatments- so between my massage, pedicure, AND facial, we were sipping greyhounds (or whatever we decided Gloria's special recipe was) by the pool. Oh my lord, it was heaven.

I was feeling so pampered by the end of the day, I almost fell over from shock when we walked into the hotel room and they had snuck in during the day and set up - wait for it - 27 BIRTHDAY GIFTS for me to open. Amazingly perfect gifts - A really nice traveler coffee mug that is fast becoming my morning best friend, gift cards to all my favorite/most used places, a BEAUTIFUL bracelet that Gloria picked out and personalized for me, the most cozy blanket I've ever used, and so many more.

So needless to say, this 30 before 30 blew ALL expectations out of the water. From the spa treatments and the facility itself to the pool cabana to the showering of gifts to the time we spent together over meals (and losing money at the penny slots with Veronica!), it was a very special time. Thank you SO much to Veronica, Mary, Roz, and Gloria for your outpouring of love on my 27th birthday :)

No comments: