Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer Megaticket Kickoff!



WOO HOO!!!! Nissan Pavillion Summer Country Concert season kicked off this weekend with the WMZQ fest featuring Sugarland! These concerts have become one of my favorite summer traditions. There are a few people I only know because of tailgating at these concerts ha. Poor Yale damaged the muffler of his car while backing up onto the embankment (because clearly we're too VIP for the average parking spot), but he was a good sport about it! Also we somehow avoided the torrential downpours around the area and had great weather.

We got in the pavillion in time to see Phil Vassar, which makes me think of High School days singing Six Pack Summer and Just Another Day in Paradise in my Jeep. Sugarland was great too - sang Baby Girl, Everyday America, One Blue Sky, Just Might, Settlin'... you know, all the good ones. Tim McGraw in two weeks!

I wish we had a picture of the dude standing next to us - He was wearing this shirt that said "Christian, Pro-Gun, Heterosexual, Republican... Any Questions?" We were all like ummm... no, no questions I guess. Like seriously!!?? Seriously.

1 comment:

Shannon :: The Scribble Pad said...

I am so jealous! I hope you enjoy your rediculously good "megaticket" all summer long, while I am without music in my soul...well, maybe I don't have to be that dramatic, but enjoy!