Friday, May 20, 2011

UPDATE: #15 Paint on Canvas

I presented my work from the semester in front of my painting class this week as a final assignment. So I thought it only appropriate to showcase them here as well - because, faithful blog readers, you deserve to see the good, the bad, and the ugly :)

First, my color chart... which I am quite proud of...


Nextly, my abstract... which I also like but did very early in the semester so want to re-do now that I have some extra tricks in my arsenal.


Annnnnd... my still life. Let's just say it is probably not done, but I am DONE with IT...


This is my landscape, which I did from a picture I took in Tahoe about ten years ago. Pretty crazy, right? 


And lastly, my first attempt at a portrait. I did this one from a photo I found of a Salvador de Bahia, Brazil woman - one of the gorgeous black women in the white dresses and colorful head dresses that sell street food in Salvador. I need to make her skin tone brighter so she doesn't recede into the background so much. 

1 comment:

Nicku B said...

These are SO good! I might commission a picture of Pongo! Spot, spot, spot, spot, bigger spot, spot, spot, heart shaped spot, spot, spot...haha :)