Monday, March 10, 2008

Don't Blink

Life goes faster than you think
Don't Blink


I've been listening to that Kenny Chesney song for the past two weeks that have come and gone faster perhaps than any other... ever! I know everyone in this city is busy, and I do think there is a real unhealthiness that can begin with busy-ness, but GEEZ! Life has been so busy! Ha. (I'm still at work at it's 9:05pm, if that's any indication)

A few things...

NCC in the news!
Story on lent
One on Ebz

Brennan and I leave in less that TWO DAYS for Thailand and Malaysia! I'll devote a whole post to that of course, but suffice it to say the tickets are booked, the itinerary is set, and I have a new pair of enormous sunglasses that make me look like a bug to wear on the beach. The long and the short of it is we'll do a few days in Bangkok, a few days on an island called Ko Samui, then off to Penang to meet the Semester at Sea ship and pick up Bren's sister Meg and two of her friends. From there we're RENTING A CAR (this is where Brennan and I will fight the most out of the whole trip obviously) and driving from northern Malaysia (Penang) down to a mountainy part called Cameron Highlands and ultimately to Kuala Lumpur, then catch a flight back up to Penang. Start saying prayers please haha.

I met with Pastor Chris today at Ebenezers and had a great talk. More to come on that as life unfolds, but I just want to say a thanks to Chris for being so supportive, so excited, so prayerful, and such a leader to me! My relationship with Pastor Chris is a great example of how multi-site churches work from a pastoring perspective. Even though NCC is a huge huge church and it is easy to be anonymous, committing as much as possible to one service at one location is key to plugging in and developing relationships with the church body and pastors. Pastor Chris made me realize today how I really have gone through a cycle at NCC - finding my personal faith there, developing it through sundays upon sundays and small groups, and now beginning the process of being "sent out" with the blessing of the church. It's pretty neat.

No comments: