Thursday, November 1, 2007

Surprise! ... or a dialogue with Sweeting

Carrie: I'm going to the store.
Sweeting: Surprise me with a treat.

Carrie's internal dialogue on the way to the store: Don't forget about Sweeting's surprise. Don't forget about Sweeting's surprise.

Re-Enter Carrie

Carrie: Sweeting, look! I got you a surprise!
Note: Not an actual representation of the surprise, but similar in nature

Sweeting: That's not really a treat.
Carrie: Oh... oh... oh.

The next day via email

Carrie: Are you wearing your surprise?
Sweeting: I was but I got beat up by several people in my office who ripped it off of me and tried to feed it to me while calling me vulgar names.
Carrie: Well barf it up and wear it!
Sweeting: I did. But then they ripped it off again and started poking me in the face with it. They got dangerously close to my eye. I could have been blinded. My lip is currently bleeding.

All in all... a GREAT surprise treat from the store if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Brian said...

the "latest fashions" pin is not EXACTLY what it looked like. but it is a pumpkin lapel pin.