Monday, October 5, 2009

DC Visits

I had TWO DC visits in September after 7 months of being away... The first was for Phil and Tiff's wedding!! Such a great way to spend quality time with some of my favorites. It was a very relaxed just have fun kind of wedding - so reflective of Phil and Tiff as individuals and couple!

Loving Tiff's dress!


Pretty lanterns and colors during the first dance :)


Phil and Tiff spent hours upon hours HAND MAKING the centerpieces at each table. I was VERY excited about them as you can see. So excited that I felt it appropriate to take them out of their vases and do a photo shoot, I guess...


Apparently I was not the ONLY one who thought that was a good idea thank you very much!



Group Shot! (You have no idea how difficult it was to get this... Drew kept screwing up every single one and all I wanted was a nice picture of the group for goodness sake. I concluded that Drew was no longer going to be included in group pictures and let him know that this was due to his lack of "original group" status and disrespect for my group shot attempts.)



Great to see everyone that weekend. Even the part when Muffin threw a pillow that knocked a full beer over onto Sean's pants resulting in disgruntled Sean and un-remorseful Muffin. Also the repeated wake up calls called in to Callanan and Lamme's room. I had nothing to do with that, but it's good to know some things never change.

Second DC trip in September was for Secretary Bodman's Portrait Unveiling! It was SO great to see the old DOE crew. Oh how I miss them (them, YES! the time and energy involved... errrrr, no). I loved hearing about what everyone is doing now and just laughing with old friends and getting the dirt about what's going on in Washington now. The Secretary's portrait turned out SO well, don't you think? Makes me miss it all... just a little ;)

1 comment:

Brian said...

so regal he is. a grande portrait. yet i can't help noticing how proportionate everything seems.