Saturday, August 23, 2008

Recap

When I got back, Ben asked me if I wished I was still in Tahoe. I said I ALWAYS wish I was in Tahoe! We had a great week - a lot of days lounging by the pool and a lot of nights eating on the patio. All the kids are at such fun ages which makes it especially fun. They're always scrounging for treats! Jacob and I did a doughnut run one morning and of course s'mores over the fire. I went on a hike up to a lookout of the whole lake and spent a good hour sitting up there looking at it. I couldn't make myself leave and was trying to decide if there is anything more beautiful in the world than those mountains and that lake. I've seen beautiful places... I would put Capri, Manuel Antonio, Stellenbosch, Lucerne, Hayman Island and Zanzibar on the top of my list of most beautiful places I've been. I really don't think any of those are as majestic as Tahoe.

Psalm 97 says that mountains will melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. Can you imagine?

I got back last weekend to a broken air conditioner. Yuck. Last weekend I spent most of my time with the boys - I'm trying to get as much Patrick time in as possible before he leaves for Chicago! Boooooo.

Monday-Wednesday I was in El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM for work. Unfortunately the trip ended up getting cancelled for my boss so Erin and I came home early. Kind of a bummer but it was fun while it lasted - we ate a LOT of Mexican food and took advantage of the "Texas Twister" water slide at our hotel. Apparently it's the longest water slide at any hotel in Texas. How 'bout THAT!?

This weekend is another in towner. I went to QB's housewarming last night which was fun - he found an awesome house on the Hill. I had to laugh though because I totally showed up in jeans and a tank top and all the other girls were in cute little sun dresses and the dudes were wearing their pink pants and powder blue oxfords. I was like WHOOPS I totally forgot this is a southern folk party! They're all soooo nice though - I really like QB's friends. A little part of me was meant to be southern I think :)

One more week of August left! I can't believe it.

No comments: