Monday, June 23, 2008

Catoctin Mountain and Spices


Couldn't resist this totally vintage picture I found searching "Catoctin Mountain" on google images. It screams, "Hey KIDS! Respect your National Parks and don't start forrest fires!" Anyway that picture is where I ate lunch on my hike on Saturday. I found the hike in my 60 hikes in 60 Miles of Washington DC book and it was perfect! Catoctin Mountain is out near Frederick, Maryland - so a good hour and 15 mins or so from DC. The trail I took was actually a bunch of various trails combined to make a 9 mile loop back to the visitors center. I saw a waterfall, three or four vistas, and even a deer. The trail was busy enough where I didn't feel unsafe (I was alone) but not overcrowded to the point of not having any solitude. This part of the country is just so beautiful - and in a very different way than California.

I had been craving good sushi for awhile so Saturday night I went to a great spot called Spices up in Cleveland Park with Lauren, Remi, Anna, and Anna's roommate Dustin/Dylan (I never got it right the whole night... whoops). Anyway I definitely got my sushi fix for awhile. Highly recommend the restaurant.

Sunday - Nats Game with Patrick, Bobby, and David (thank you AIR!); REI run with Patrick to get him a GPS run tracking thing followed by reading at Caribou; and Gone Baby Gone movie night. Gone Baby Gone was really... complicated. I liked it. Any plot that circles around gray area ethics has good potential to keep me interested.

Now back to work for a few days, then MADISON!

No comments: